This page lists all BRAVE publications, including conference papers, journal articles, deliverables and white papers.
Publications at conferences
- S. Bicaïs, J-B. Doré, and J. L. G. Jimenez, “Adaptive PSK Modulation Scheme in the Presence of Phase Noise“, SPAWC 2018, Kalamata, Greece, June 2018.
- J-B. Doré, Y. Corre, S. Bicaïs, J. Palicot, E. Faussurier, D. Knétas, and F. Bader, “Above-90GHz spectrum and single-carrier waveform as enablers for efficient Tbit/s wireless communications“, ICT 2018, Saint Malo, France, June 2018.
- S. Bicaïs, J-B. Doré, and J. L. G. Jimenez, “On the Optimum Demodulation in the Presence of Gaussian Phase Noise“, ICT 2018, Saint Malo, France, June 2018.
- Y. Corre, G. Gougeon, J-B. Doré, S. Bicais, B. Miscopein, M. Saad, J. Palicot, F. Bader, E. Faussurier, “Sub-THz Spectrum as Enabler for 6G Wireless Communications up to 1 Tbit/s“, 1st 6G wireless summit, Levi, Finland, March 2019. The presentation can be downloaded from here.
- M. Saad , F. Bader , J. Palicot , A. Chamas Al Ghouwayel, and H. Hijazi, “Single Carrier with Index Modulation for Low Power Terabit Systems“, WCNC 2019, Marrakech, Morocco, April 2019.
- S. Bicaïs, and J-B. Doré, “Modèles de Bruit de Phase pour les Communications Sub-TeraHetz“, GRETSI 2019, Lille, France, Sept. 2019.
- S. Bicaïs, and J-B. Doré, “Espaces de Hilbert pour les Modulations Numériques d’Enveloppe”, GRETSI 2019, Lille, France, Sept. 2019.
- M. Saad, F. Bader, J. Palicot, A. Chamas Al Ghouwayel, H. Hijazi, “Nouvelles Approche pour les Systèmes Terabit à Faible Puissance“, GRETSI 2019, Lille, France, Sept. 2019.
- S. Bicaïs, and J-B. Doré, “An Algebraic Framework for Digital Envelope Modulation”, EUSIPCO 2019, Coruna, Spain, Sept. 2019.
- M. Saad, F. C. Lteif, A. Chamas Al Ghouwayel, H. Hijazi, J. Palicot and F. Bader, “Generalized Spatial Modulation in Highly Correlated Channels“, PIMRC 2019, Istanbul, Turkey, Sept. 2019.
- G. Gougeon, Y. Corre, and M. Z. Aslam, “Ray-based deterministic channel modelling for sub-THz band“, PIMRC 2019, Istanbul, Turkey, Sept. 2019.
- S. Bicaïs, and J-B. Doré, “Mitigation of Carrier Frequency Offset in a Sub-THz Channel Bonding Scenario”, PIMRC 2019, Istanbul, Turkey, Sept. 2019.
- S. Bicaïs, and J-B. Doré, “Phase Noise Model Selection for Sub-THz Communications”, GLOBECOM 2019, Waikoloa, HI, USA, Dec. 2019.
- G. Gougeon, Y. Corre, M. Z. Aslam, S. Bicaïs, J.-B. Doré, “Assessment of sub-THz Mesh Backhaul Capabilities from Realistic Modelling at the PHY Layer“, EuCAP 2020, Copenhagen, Denmark, March 2020.
- J-B. Doré, D. Belot, É. Mercier, S. Bicaïs, G. Gougeon, Y. Corre, B. Miscopein, D. Kténas, E. C. Strinatti, “Technology Roadmap for Beyond 5G Wireless Connectivity in D-band“, 2nd 6G Wireless Summit (6GSummit) , Levi, Finland, March 2020.
- S. Bicaïs, J-B. Doré, G. Gougeon, Y. Corre, “Optimized Single-Carrier Transceiver For Future Sub-TeraHertz Applications“, ICASSP 2020, Barcelona, Sain, May 2020.
- M. Saad, F. Bader, A. C. Al Ghouwayel, H. Hijazi, N. Bouhlel, and J. Palicot, “Generalised Spatial Multiplexing for Wireless Terabits Systems Under Sub-THZ Channel with RF Impairements“, in the Proc. of the IEEE 45th International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (IEEE ICASSP 2020), Barcelona, Spain, May 2020.
- M. Saad, A. C. Al Ghouwayel, H. Hijazi, F. Bader, and J. Palicot, “MIMO Techniques for Wireless Terabits Systems under sub-THz Channel with RF Impairments“, in the Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (IEEE ICC 2020), at Workshop on “Terahertz Communications”, Dublin, Ireland, June 2020.
- N. Bouhlel, M. Saad, F. Bader, and J. Palicot, “Dual-Polarized Generalized Spatial Modulation forWireless Terabit System“, at the IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (IEEE PIMRC’2020), London, UK, Aug-Sept. 2020.
- M. Z. Aslam, and Y. Corre, “Simulated Propagation Properties for Future Outdoor sub-THz Networks“, at IEEE PIMRC 2020, Workshop on “Enabling Technologies for THz Communications” (ETTCOM), London, UK, Aug-Sept. 2020.
- S. Bicaïs, J-B. Doré, and V. Savin, “Design of MIMO Systems Using Energy Detectors for Sub-TeraHertz Applications”, IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), London, UK, Aug-Sept. 2020.
- M. Saad, J. Palicot, F. Bader, A. C. Al Ghouwayel and H. Hijazi, “Filter Shape Index Modulation,” IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Montreal, Canada, June 2021.
- G. Gougeon, Y. Corre, and M. Z. Aslam, “Sub-THz channel characterization from ray-based deterministic simulations“, ITU Journal: ICT Discoveries, Vol 2(1), Nov. 2019.
- S. Bicaïs, and J-B. Doré, “Design of Digital Communications for Strong Phase Noise Channels“, IEEE Open Journal of Vehicular Technology, May 2020.
- M. Saad, J. Palicot, F. Bader, A. C. Al Ghouwayel, and H.Hijazi, “A Novel Index Modulation Dimension based on Filter Domain and its new variant: Filter Shapes Index Modulation“, IEEE Transactions on Communications, Nov. 2020.
- N. Bouhlel, M. Saad, F. Bader, “Sub-Terahertz Wireless System using Dual-Polarized Generalized Spatial Modulation with RF Impairments,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications – Special issue on THz Communications and Networking, 2021.
- M. Saad, N. Al Akkad, H. Hijazi, A. C. Al Ghouwayel, F. Bader and J. Palicot, “Novel MIMO Technique for Wireless Terabits Systems in sub-THz Band,” IEEE Open Journal of Vehicular Technology, vol. 2, pp. 125-139, Jan. 2021.
- H. Hijazi, A. Haroun, M. Saad, A. C. Al Ghouwayel and A. Dhayni, “Near-Optimal Performance with Low Complexity ML-based detector for MIMO Spatial Multiplexing,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 122-126, Jan. 2021.
Related scientific publications
- J. Palicot, F. Bader, “Backing to single carrier in Tera Hertz communications for green considerations“, 32th URSI GASS, Montréal, Canada, August 2017.
- L. Pometcu and R. D’Errico, “Characterization of sub-THz and mmWave Propagation Channel for Indoor Scenarios”, EuCAP 2018, London, UK, April 2018.
- J. Stéphan, Y. Corre, R. Charbonnier and Y. Lostanlen, “Increased Reliability of Outdoor Millimeter-Wave Link Simulations by Leveraging Lidar Point Cloud”, EuCAP 2018, London, UK, April 2018.
- D1.0: B5G wireless Tbps Scenarios and Requirements, Nov. 2018. This document presents a description of applicative scenarios and use cases in which ultra-high throughput (of order of Tbps) wireless communication systems are envisaged in bands above 90 GHz: kiosk download, wireless backhauling, Fixed Wireless Access (FWA), drones, server farm, hotspots with Augmented Reality (AR) or Virtual Reality (VR) multiple users, inter- or intra-chip communications. An insight on the spectrum availability to deploy such wireless communications is provided based on the French National Frequency Agency (ANFR) guidance and recommendations.
- D1.1: Preliminary Regulation status, Dec. 2019. This document provides an overview of the main regulatory bodies involved in spectrum management, their role and how their respective deliverables interrelate. Particular attention is given to the harmonisation process in Europe and on the necessary complementarity between regulations on frequencies use and harmonised standards applicable to radio equipment. Practical examples of regulatory solutions supporting various fixed and mobile communication applications – under different regulatory regimes – are presented for illustration.
- D1.2: Final regulation status, Scenarios and Requirements updates, Nov. 2021. Three main 6G use case families are targeted for sub-THz exploitation: high-capacity backhaul; enhanced short-range hotspot; and device-to device communications. This deliverable D1.2 gives an updated definition of use cases and requirements that were first published in deliverable D1.0, and then were considered in BRAVE studies. The status on international and French sub-THz regulation is updated as well, but remains roughly unchanged since the publication of deliverable D1.1. Besides, This document gives a brief overview on visions shared by major equipment vendors, industry alliances, or researchers, on 6G communications and sub-THz/THz spectrum. The BRAVE two-fold paradigm is exposed for the physical sub-THz layer that answers those use cases either with ultra-high data rates or a broadband low-complexity (and low-energy) system or in-between compromises.
- D2.0: Propagation channel model & RF impairments definition, Feb. 2019. This deliverable gives a state-of-the-art and first BRAVE outcomes related to the characterization and modelling of the sub-THz physical layer (above 90 GHz). This will serve the identification of appropriate radio modulation schemes and efficient waveforms for sub-THz beyond-5G communications; and will contribute to the performance assessment in terms of coverage range, throughput, capacity, signal processing complexity and power consumption.
- D2.1: Propagation channel model and RF impairments definition and waveform design, Dec 2020. This technical deliverable D2.1, provides valuable results on propagation channel and RF impairments modelling, proposed waveform, related transceiver architecture/algorithm and initial performance evaluation.
- D2.1 addendum: Waveform Design for low-power ultra-high data rate system, Oct 2021. This document gives complementary results to deliverable D2.1, regarding the definition and test of innovative energy-efficient sub-THz modulation schemes (index modulation in the filter domain).
- D3.0: Interface specification, June 2020. The work package WP3 in BRAVE has two objectives: 1) integrate the main project’s innovations and scenarios into simulation test platforms; and then 2) produce evaluation results for demonstration and dissemination of beyond-5G (B5G) technologies found valuable. This deliverable D3.0, which is edited at the earliest stage of the work package WP3, aims at describing the various models or software blocks that will be interfaced or integrated, as well as the evaluation plan.
- D3.1: Performance assessments, Nov. 2021. After definition of beyond-5G scenarios and new spectrum opportunities in work-package WP1 of BRAVE project, elaboration of new models for the sub-THz physical layer and design of adapted efficient waveforms within work-package WP2, the proposed solutions are demonstrated in work-package WP3. This deliverable D3.1 describes the main integrated results of the project: performance of investigated physical layers over various sub-THz environments digitally modelled.
- Y. Corre, J-B. Doré, C. Bader, and E. Faussurier, How beyond-5G frequencies will further enhance the next-generation wireless networks performance, August 2019.
- Contribution to the collective white paper by the 6G flagship initiative: White paper on Broadband Connectivity in 6G, June 2020.
- Contribution to the collective white paper by the 6G flagship initiative: White Paper on RF enabling 6G – opportunities and challenges from technology to spectrum, April 2021.
- S. Bicaïs, J-B. Doré, M. Saad, M. Alawieh, F. Bader, J. Palicot, Y. Corre, G. Gougeon, and E. Faussurier, Wireless Connectivity in the Sub-THz Spectrum: A Path to 6G, Nov. 2021.